Just had this great Info graphic through from Post Planer talking about the 6 myths that are commonly held as fact in the internet marketing world
Here is part of that post … you can link through to original at the bottom of this paragraph
6 Common Myths About Sharing on Facebook
I’ll debunk the 6 myths before you jump to the infographic:
1. Most content sharing happens on Facebook & Twitter
FACT: More than 72% of shares come from copy-and-paste activity.
2. Users click social links at an equal rate — regardless of the URL
FACT: Clicks increase 25% for shortened URLs with vanity domains.
3. Shortened links have a similar lifespan regardless of when the content is initially posted
FACT: Shortened links have a longer lifespan when shared later in the week.
4. Brand engagement peaks on weekends
FACT: People engage with shared content 49% more on weekdays.
5. Millennial generation shares the most content
FACT: Users between the ages of 55 & 64 share the most content.
6. Facebook offers the most referral traffic
FACT: Twitter provides more referral traffic per shared item than Facebook.
– See more at the original blog site
We Love post Planer and use it everyday on the internet, it is a hugely powerful tool
The Blue Collar Millionaires